The touch-enabled 11.6-inch Asus Q200E models, also known as X202E, have been available with the Intel Core i3 CPUs for a long time now for about $400. The newly released Asus Q200E-BCL0803E model uses a slower Intel Celeron CPU instead, but it’s much cheaper because of that.
Best Buy will have it in stock soon for only $329, making it one of the cheapest touchscreen laptops on the market and competing against similar systems by other manufacturers such as the HP Pavilion TouchSmart 11 or Acer Aspire V5-122P.
So, how much is the Celeron 1007U slower than the i3 used in other Q200E models? According to PassMark, the difference is significant, but in the real world the Celeron should be capable to complete all the daily tasks an average user might throw at it, from social networking to office document editing.
It’s good to see that the Q200E-BCL0803 has 4GB of RAM by default instead of 2GB, because RAM and hard drive aren’t user-upgradeable on this series. On the other side, included 320GB of storage space is the lowest capacity on today’s market, but it provides normal functioning of the notebook. Other important features are a 2-cell 5136mAh battery, 1MP camera for web video chats, stereo speakers, HDMI and VGA video outputs, two USB 2.0 ports, one USB 3.0, Wi-Fi wireless connection, and wired Gigabit LAN. The optical drive is obviously missing on this small machine, which is 0.9 thin and weighs only 3.1 pounds.
Generally, the Q200E-BCL0803 looks nice with its thin profile, aluminum lid, chiclet-style keyboard, and spacious trackpad.
Asus Q200E-BCL0803E Specifications
- Display: 11.6″ capacitive multi-touch, 1366×768 resolution
- Processor: Intel Celeron 1007U dual-core at 1.8GHz, 2MB cache, 17W TDP
- Graphics: Intel HD integrated
- Memory: 4GB DDR3 RAM, not user-upgradable
- Storage: 320GB hard disk at 5400rpm
- Optical drive: no
- Webcam: 1MP
- Audio: Stereo speakers
- Network: 802.11n wireless, Gigabit Ethernet LAN
- Input: Chiclet keyboard, multitouch touchpad
- Ports and Slots: 1 x USB 3.0, 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI, 1 x VGA, multi-in-1 media card reader
- Battery: 2-cell 5136mAh 38Whr Lithium-polymer
- Dimensions: 0.9 x 11.9 x 7.9 inches
- Weight: 3.1 pounds
- OS: Windows 8
- Warranty: 1-year