It is a known fact that Apple’s iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch software has made very slow progress in opening ‘archive’ file formats. The good news is that its recent software updates support opening of ZIP files.
However, opening RAR files still remains difficult for iPhone, iPad and iPod users. In order to open ZIP, and RAR files on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, third-party software is needed to be downloaded. Today we will tell you about one of the most famous and efficient RAR extraction apps available, along with a step-by-step guide to downloading and opening ZIP files on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
How to Open ZIP Files Using the ‘Files’ app:
Apple has made it easier to access ZIP files natively and without using a third-party intervention. However, for that, you need to have an iOS 13 or later software update.
You can check which Software version your iPhone is using by going to Settings > General > About. Below are the steps mentioned for you to download and open ZIP files on your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch using the ‘files’ app:
- Firstly, open the ‘Files’ App on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Find the ZIP file you want to open
- Tap the ZIP file to extract its contents automatically
- Lastly, tap and hold the ZIP file, then select the ‘Uncompress’ option from the menu
How to Open ZIP, RAR, and 7Z Files Using Third-Party Software:
Since opening RAR files is still not an option using an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, so a good solution to this problem can be the usage of third-party software to do these tasks for you. iZip is a great software for you to employ for these purposes.
Below mentioned is a step-by-step guide to help you open ZIP and RAR files on iPhones, iPads and iPod touch:
- Firstly, go to the ‘App Store’ and search for ‘iZIP’ in the search bar
- Download this App
- Once you have access to this application, you can open it and select the ‘document browser’ option
- Now, please find the file you wish to open and tap on it
- You will now receive an ‘alert’ which will ask your permission to unzip this file/files
- Give your permission to this application by tapping on the ‘Okay’ option
- You are done! View your files to receive the information you wanted
iPhone, iPad and iPod touch are helpful inventions, but they still need to upgrade their services in order to facilitate their users in every way possible. One such service that needs to be reviewed is access to ZIP and RAR files. This blog presented a complete guide on accessing such files and opening them.